Last fall the Texas Medical Association (TMA) launched “Hey, Doc” to provide answers to patients’ most frequently asked questions about the ACA marketplace. TMA answered 32 questions in the six-month series.
As the confusion continues, many of the “Hey, Doc” Q&As, such as the five below, are more relevant today than when first published.
- What will my marketplace health insurance cover?
- What will it cost me to use this insurance?
- What are deductibles, coinsurance, and copayments?
- My doctor can’t get a straight answer from my insurance company. How do I know if I can use my insurance?
- What if my doctor isn’t in my marketplace health plan after all?